Study at Coventry University
Coventry University is a public research university in Coventry, England. The university was initially formed in 1843 as the Coventry School of Design. It gained university status in 1992 when it merged with Warwickshire College of Art and Design to form Coventry University College. In 2004 it changed its name to Coventry University.
The main campus is located on Baginton Road, Coventry, adjacent to the city center and Coventry railway station. In addition to the Baginton Road campus, the university also has campuses at London Road and Canley Heights in Coventry’s northern suburbs. The university also has a business park south of Coventry at Tile Hill South, where it researches construction materials and products and provides courses related to construction technology management. The university offers courses in a wide range of subject areas from its main campus at Clifton and Baginton, including fine art, fashion design and textiles, media studies (including journalism), social sciences (including psychology), law, business studies, and management; languages; construction management; engineering; medicine; architecture; nursing; music technology; sports science; social work; health sciences; theology; mathematics and computing. Coventry University is a member of the prestigious Russell Group, a group of 24 research-intensive, internationally recognized universities. Coventry University is home to over 13,000 international students from 160 countries. The university has a large campus with many modern buildings and technology. It is part of the University of Warwick, a global research university based in Coventry.
The fees are affordable:
- Undergraduate tuition and fees: 9,250 GBP (2017 – 18)
- International tuition 11,750 GBP (2017 – 18)
The university offers over 350 undergraduate programmes, 300 taught postgraduate degrees, 225 postgraduate research degrees, and PhDs through its nine faculties.
Coventry University is a “high attaining” institution with an overall satisfaction rating of around 92% for QS World University Rankings 2015/16. In the Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014, Coventry’s research was ranked in the top 25% within the UK and the top 1% globally. Coventry is in the top 100 universities under 50 in The Guardian University Guide 2017.
In particular subject areas:
Coventry University has been awarded Gold in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) 2017 for its teaching quality.
In 2016, Coventry University’s Business School was ranked 81st in Europe by Financial Times Masters in Management 2016. It also came 2nd in the UK for its MBA programmes (behind only London Business School).
The latest ranking of the University has been as follows:
- QS – World University Ranking: 551-600(2018) and 601-650 in 2022
- THE (Times Higher Education) – University Ranking: 601-800(2018) and 601-800 in 2022
- The Complete University Guide – University Ranking (UK): 43(2018) and 52 in 2022
- The Guardian – University Rankings: 12(2018) and 38 in 2022
Coventry University offers a range of scholarships for new students and students returning to study. There are scholarships available if you’re from a disadvantaged background, have a disability, or are overseas.
If you are applying for an undergraduate degree, you may be eligible for one of the competitive merit-based scholarships.
- The Coventry Scholarships are worth £2,000 each and can be used towards tuition fees. These scholarships are awarded based on academic excellence with a minimum GPA requirement across your chosen subjects.
- The Coventry Scholarships for International Students offer up to £4,000 per year towards tuition fees for international students who have achieved a strong academic record in their previous studies and meet the criteria.